08 July 2009

Fundraising and stuff

My fundraising attempts are coming to a close. I raised $1,258.00 thus far. There are 3 or 4 people that are sending donations which should bring the total to around $1400.00. Considering the economy and the ups and downs of my fundraising learning process I am happy with result. I have no doubt that once I am back I will need to continue to find ways to collect donations for the kids and the schools.

As of today, I leave in 3 weeks. It is down to 3 weeks. I have started my get done before I leave to do list. I have started my need to get before I leave list and my packing list. The 2 major items I have yet to pick up are my mosquito net and my malaria pills. Found out my insurance will not cover the malaria pills because they are a preventative "option" instead of a treatment. Very logical from the insurance perspective. I think my definition of logical is different from the industries definition. But hey that happens, right?
So if I get malaria and am back in the US I am covered for treatment, but not any time before that. I had a prescription for Malarone but it will be over $1200 for those pills. Tomorrow I will get a new prescription for the "generic" malaria meds which will cost around $100. I think I will need to take them longer and the meds cause more side effects which should be a good time. I will keep you updated on that saga once I get the details.

The dogsitters are in order - thank you Lindsey, Chris and Betty. Really the dogsitting situation is my biggest worry. I am hoping the kids don't act up and cause issues for anyone. Diogie pretty much just sleeps all the time now. Now with Hobee I am wondering about all the different scenarios...

I am getting my summer allergy/cold/illness over with now. It's a relief because I really don't care for being congested while flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment