01 May 2009

Estatic

I am over the moon giddy happy silly!!! I had written an email to my match coordinator with Big Brother Big Sister to see if I could get some littles involved with the Hello Rwanda Letter Exchange...AND she said yes. She said YES in such a big way that they are going to make it a BBBS Event in June. Not sure the date yet but it will be at the BBBS main office in Phoenix. This is absolutely amazing!!! These kids will have some things in common which will help to make them more relatable to each other. This is huge to me. Not only will the Rwanda kids learn about the US, but the BBBS littles will have a new door open to them as well. For some this may be the only exposure they have to anything or anyone international. It is so important to me for this to work. The idea that some of these kids could end up keeping in touch for years to come is incredible. This little idea could end up making a huge difference to one or more of these kids and that is all I could ever hope for.
I am so happy this is amazing..absolutely amazing!!!

BTW, any of you that have kids 7-17 and would like to participate...let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment