01 March 2009

Purpose

I have promised you all a blog page about the adventure...and here it is. Unfortunately, GVN was unable to give me an early page under their umbrella, so I went for the next best option....blogger.com. A few things before I start...my goal in starting my blogging early is to get those that want to...a from the beginning perspective. What all goes into getting involved in an organizations such as GVN, what happens once accepted, what are the things i need to do and know prior to the trip AND most importantly I want to educate as many of you out there as possible about Rwanda. I want us all to learn together and discover and unravel the beauties and mysteries of this beautiful place. Quite a few of you have mentioned living vicariously through me and I really hope I am able to make this blog as real as possible for those that are wanting a true, honest, upfront diary of what is to come.
I will be writing this blog as I speak...no special punctuations, no extra care to pc subjects, it will be straightforward heather talk. just like if i am having a full fledge conversation face to face with you or with myself. Those of you sharing these entries with your kids (which i hope all of you do) i will ask you to read the blog yourself prior to reading to children...and edit along the way once you do present to your children.
I will warn you on days that may contain graphic words and or pics (speaking of...i am still deciding how to integrate the pics i will be taking). there are at least 2 days during my trip which will provide to be the most challenging days in my life and the pics will be stomach turning to put it mildly.
I will be sure to include website links for those looking for further information on certain subjects. And I will do my very best to find answers to any questions any of you come up with along the way.
Between now and July/August there is a lot to prepare...so let the adventure begin!

cheers-
heather p

No comments:

Post a Comment